Friday, December 21, 2012

Daytime Make-Up Routine


 

I usually stick to wearing the same make up throughout the week & will play around with different lip colors or eyeshadows if I'm going out or doing something fun! But here's my daily routine of what I typically wear.

FOR THE FACE:
I start with a moisturizer then go onto my concealer. I recently started using the Laura Geller concealer and LOVE it! Concealer is something I tend to stick with throughout the years, but at a recent trip to Ulta I came upon this since the Chanel concealer I was using started to get a bit too pricey consider how long it lasted. Next I'll go onto foundation, I know people HATE that word but after trying the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer it just wasn't enough coverage for me! I typically use the L'oreal foundation in W4 but if I want a thicker consistency or if I'm going out I'll use my Jane Iredale 'Glow Time' BB Cream in BB7! I absolutely love it but try to use it sparingly since its $48/tube vs. L'Oreal $8 bottle. Before I finish with my setting powder by Laura Mercier, I'll do a slick of the Nars multiple in Mustique, which unfortunately isn't being made anymore, but I also LOVE the Nars multiple in Orgasm! I use that as my highlighter then a TINY bit of my Bobbi Brown Cream Blush in Pale Pink (11) on the apples of my cheeks then I will set it. If I want a little color I'll use Benefit's Hoola Bronzer with a little of the Bobbi Brown Brick Bronzer. 

FOR THE EYES:
I will dab a little concealer on my eyelids to create an even palette then finish with powder or an ivory/beige shimmer eyeshadow if I want a little more. Next I will use the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner just a tad close to my eyelashes (another great one is the gel eyeliner by Forever 21 but only comes in Black-->same stuff I swear!) Then I will finish off with 2-3 coats of mascara on top and one on the bottom but closer to the outside of my eyelashes.
For my eyebrows I use the gel/powder combo, using the gel first then finishing with the powder, if I feel my brows are being "unruly" I'll use a clear eyebrow gel by E.L.F. 

FOR THE LIPS:
Lips I'll usually using a lipliner for the outsides first, such as MAC's Spice then go over it with a clear gloss, or use Bobbi Brown Lipgloss in Tangerine while using the applicator to blend the liner in. Another favorite for day is L'Oreal's Violet Chiffon, but I use one slick on top & bottom then blot so it isn't too purple.


1 comment: